Areas of Interest
- Organotin/organosilicon chemistry, Organotin-based anti-cancer compounds and their mode of action, Organotin chemistry, Organotin compounds as precursors for nanosized sem-conducting SnO2, Metal-organic frameworks, Metal-organic based Materials of multi-functional utility
|2001-01-01||Ongoing||PROFESSOR||INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE|
|1988-01-01||13 years||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||UNIVERSITY OF ROORKEE|
|1994-01-01||4 years||READER/ASST. PROF.||UNIVERSITY OF ROORKEE|
|2006-01-01||2 years||Departmental representative of research comittee||IITR|
|2016-01-01||Ongoing||Presiding Officer||Internal Complaints Committee|
|2008-01-01||2 years||Coordinator for Chemistry||IIT Mandi|
|2015-01-01||2 years||Chairperson, DAPC||Department of Chemistry|
|2008-01-01||2 years||Member of library committee||IITR|
|2008-01-01||2 years||OC LIBRARY||IITR|
|2013-01-01||Chairperson of M.Tech. admission||IITR|
|2014-01-01||Chairperson of M.Tech. admission||at IITR|
|2015-01-01||Chairperson of M.Tech. Admission||IITR|
|2016-01-01||Chairperson, M.Tech. Admission||IITRoorkee|
|2002-01-01||8 years||Member of Professorial committee of Biotechnology Department||IITRoorkee|
Honors and Awards
|Two Gold medals for Ist position in M.Sc.||Lucknow university, Lucknow||1976|
|one Gold medal for Ist position in B.Sc.||Navyug Kanya Vidyalaya, Lucknow University||1974|
|B.Sc.||Chemistry, Botany, Zoology with Ist Position||Lucknow University, Lucknow||1974|
|B.Sc. Hons||Inorganic Chemistry with 2nd position||Lucknow University, Lucknow||1975|
|M.Sc.||Inorganic Chemistry with Ist position||Lucknow University, Lucknow||1976|
|Ph.D.||Organotellurium Chemistry||Lucknow University, Lucknow||1980|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Organotin(IV) Carboxylates and their mixed Ligands Comds. as Chemotherapeutics and their mechanism||DBT||2018-01||Ongoing|
|NMR Structural and Biophysical Studies on binding of anthraquinone derivatives with Guanine-Quadrupl||DBT, New Delhi||2017-01||Ongoing|
|QSAR and solution studies of organotin- peptides/nucleotides||Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||2005-01||15 years 7 months|
|Hydrogen storage using activated carbon based materials incorporated with metal-organic compounds||MHRD||2011-01||9 years 7 months|
|New organotin derivatives of amino acids and peptides:Synthesis,characterization, antitumor activity||UGC||1998-01||22 years 7 months|
|Synthesis, structural and biological activity of organotin compounds||Council of Science & Technology, U.P., Lucknow||2002-01||18 years 7 months|
|Synthesis,structural and biological studies on organometallic compounds ofSi, Sn and Pb of S-ligands||CSIR||1994-01||26 years 7 months|
|Extraction and determination of Mo, Pd and Pt by using Schiff bases||University grants commission||2004-01||16 years 7 months|
|Studies on Reactivity of metal and organometal complexesof Schiff Bases of amino acids||Council of Science & Technology, U.P., Lucknow||1989-01||31 years 7 months|
|Role of transition metals in chemical evolution||DST, New Delhi||1990-01||30 years 7 months|
Participation in seminars
|Seminar on Organometallic Chemistry (dedicated to Late Prof. T. N. Srivastava)||Lucknow University||Lucknow University/ DST New Delhi||2020-08|
- American Chemical Society, Member
- National Science Congress, Life member
- National Academy of Sciences India, Allahabad , Member
- National Academy of Sciences India, Dehradun , Member
- Indian Chemical Society, Kolcutta, Life member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Common Chemistry||Cy-101||B.Tech. First Year||Autumn|
|General Chemistry-II||CY-006||B.Tech. First Year||Spring|
|Advanced Coordination Chemistry Revised course||CYN-509||M.Sc.||Autumn|
|Solid state chemistry and its applications||CYN-611||M.Sc.||Autumn|
|Organometallic chemistry and Inorganic rings, chains and clusters||CYN-502||M.Sc.||Spring|
|Chemistry for B. Tech. I Yr||CYN-008||B.Tech. I Yr||Spring|
|Advanced Coordination Chemistry (New revised ccourse in 2016)||CYN-509||M.Sc. First Year||Autumn|
|ORGANOMETAALIC CHEMISTRY, INORGANIC RINGS, CHAINS AND CLUSTERS||CYN-502||M.Sc. First Year||Spring|
|Advanced Laboratory-I||CY-561||M.Sc. First Year + Intg. M.Sc. IV Year||Autumn|
|Advanced Laboratory-I||CYN-511||M.Sc. First Yr. + Intg. M.Sc. IV Yr,||Autumn|
|Advanced Coordination Chemistry||CYN-509||M.Sc. First Yr. + Intg. M.Sc. IV Yr,||Autumn|
|Basic Inorganic Chemistry||Cy-512||M.Sc. First Year +Intg. M. Sc. IV Year||Spring|
|Advanced Organometallic Chemistry||CYN-502||M.Sc. First Yr. + Intg. M.Sc. IV Yr,||Spring|
|Advanced Coordination and Organometallic Chemistry||CY-512||M.Sc. First Year + Intg. M.Sc. IV Year||Spring|
|Coordination Chemistry (old no:CY-551)||CYN-509||M.Sc. First Year + Intg. M.Sc. IV Year||Autumn|
|Advanced Coordination Chemistry (old course)||CY-631||M.Sc.Second Year||Autumn|
|LAB I||CY-551||M.Sc. First Year + Intg. M.Sc. IV Year||Autumn|
|LAB II||CY-542||M.Sc. First Year + Intg. M.Sc. IV Year||Spring|
|Solid-state Chemistry and its application||CY-643||M.Sc.Second Year + Intg. M.Sc. V Year||Autumn|
|Advanced Inorganic Chemistry I||CY-622||M.Sc.Second Year||Spring|
|Advanced Inorganic Chemistry (I)||CY-622(I)||M.Sc.Second Year||Spring|
|Specialised Practicals||CY-641||M.Sc.Second Year||Autumn|
|Solid State Chemistry and its applications||CYN-622(I)||M.Sc. Second Year + Intg. M.Sc. V Yr.||Autumn|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Preparation and characterization of carbonaceous materials incorporatedwith organometallic compounds||Sh. Asheesh Kumar|
|Studies on Organosilicon(IV) Derivatives of Schiff Bases||Ms. Deepti Arora|
|Organosilicon Derivatives of Oxygen and Nitrogen Donor Ligands||Sh. Sanjay Kumar Maurya|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Organotin(IV) Complexes of Macromolecular N-Donors||Sh. Sundeep Kumar||O||2011-01|
|Interaction of Organotin(IV) moities with Drug||Ms. Ranjana||O||2013-01|
|Speciation, Cytotoxic and DNA Binding Studies of Organotin(IV) Carboxylates||Ms. Mridula||O||2010-01|
|Interaction of Organotin(IV) Moities with DNA and Nucleic Acid Constitutents||Ms. Nagamani Kompelli||O||2009-01|
|Organotin(IV) Carboxylates: Potential Anti-tumor and Anti-inflammatory Agents||Ms. Monika Vats||O||2007-01|
|Stabilization of Cubic Spinel Li-Mn-O by Dopants,As Cathode Material in Li-ion Battery||Ms. Priti Singh||O||2006-01|
|Organotin(IV) Derivatives of Schiff Bases andMacrocycles||Sh. Permendra Singh Saini||O||2003-01|
|Organotin(IV) Derivatives of Peptides andNucleotides.||Sh. Hitendra Singh||O||2002-01|
|Organotin Derivatives of Some Heterocyclic Ligands||Ms. Sulaxna||O||2001-01|
|Studies on Novel Organotin(IV) Derivatives of Peptides||Sh. Sandeep Pokharia||O||1999-01|
|Interaction of Organotin(IV) Compounds with Biologically Important Ligands||Ms. Ruchi Jairath||O||2000-01|
|Studies on Organosilicon(IV) Derivatives ofAmino Acids||Ms. Sunita Goyal||O||1996-01|
|Studies on Organotin(IV) Derivatives of Amino Acids and Dipeptides||Ms. Rakesh Yadav||O||1995-01|
|Preparation and Characterization of Some Rare-Earth(III)-Iron(III) Mixed Oxides||Ms. Nidhi Bharti||O||1992-01|
|Studies of Organotin(IV) Complexes of ThioSchiff Bases||Ms. Savita Goyal||O||1990-01|
|Role of Ferrocyanide in Chemical Evolution||Ms. Archana Sharma||O||1987-01|
|Physiochemical Studies of Organotin Schiff Bases Complexes||Ms. Neelam Sharma||O||1987-01|
|Chemical Evolution of Transition metal (Fe, Zn) contg. Enzymes||Ms. S. W. Deopuzari||O||1984-01|
|Metal-Organic Frame works as Adsorbents and Photocatalysts||Ramesh Chandra||O||2014-01|
|Metal Sulphide Nanoparticles@Metal-organic Frameworks: As Photocatalyst||Sh. Ankur Mallick||O||2015-01|
|Metal Oxides/Sulphides base Nano Composites and their Applications||Pooja Bhatia||O||2016-01|
|Organotin complexes as catalysts in organic synthesis||Shubham||O||2017-01|
|Organotin derivatives of O- and N- donors as green catalysts and PVC stabilizers||Vinod Yadav||O||2018-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|NIT Uttarakhand, Srinagar||1. To frame Chemistry courses (02) for B. Tech. I and II year students and Pre-Ph. D. courses (04) in Chemistry. 2.Invited Guest Lecture on “Cancer Chemotherapy: Challenges and Future Perspectives of Metal Based Drugs” followed by the interactive sessio||2020-08-04|
|Punjab University, Chandigargh, India||Delivered an invited lecture on "Developments of Organotin Compounds as Chemotherapeutic Agents: Challenges and Future prospects" in Achievements of Women in Science and Technology: Current Scenario and Future Prospects-2017, held on 13-14 Jan.,2017 at Pu||2020-08-04|
|-||To present a research paper entitled 'Core-Shell Based SnO2NPs@ZIF-8Compositeas an Effective Photo-catalystfor Degradation of Methylene Blue in Wastewater Treatment' in 9th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT-2017) at Su||2020-08-04|
|-||To present a research paper, entitled 'Temperature Cntrolled Single Phase TiO2 (Anatase/Rutile) Nanoparticles by Using Metal-Organic Compounds as Precursors in 11th Asian Thermophysical Properties Conference, ATPC-2016, HELD ON 2-6 October, 2016 at Yokoha||2016-01-01|
|University of Exeter, UK||Attended and presented a paper entitled, "Production of Semicon-ductors Nanometric Particles of SnO2 and SnS from Organo-tin(IV) Triazolates as Precursors", in "International Conference on Condensed Matter and Materials Physics (Sym||2020-08-04|
|-||To present a research paper, entitled 'Metal-based Anticancer Agents: In Vitro DNA Binding, Cleavage and Cytotoxicity' in International Conference on Metallurgy, Materials Science and Engineering: ICMMSE-2014 held on 14-15 August 2014 at NH Laguna Palac||2020-08-04|
|University of Mauritius, Mauritius||1. Delivered a plenary lecture on "Developments in Organotin-based Anti-tumor Compounds" in International Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry. 2. Attended and Presented a research paper entitled, "Spectral Characterization and Anticancer Screening o||2020-08-04|
|University of Lucknow||Delivered an Invited Lecture on, “Developments and Mode of Action of Organotin-based Anti-Cancer Compounds” in International Conference & Humboldt Kolleg on “ Recent Aspects of Organic/ Organometallic Compounds and their Usefulness in Materials and Indu||2020-08-04|
|University of Mexico||Attended and Presented a research paper entitled, "Microporous Carbonaceous Materials Incorporated with Metal (TI, V and Zn) for Hydrogen Storage" in ", XXI International Materials Reasearch Congress (XXI IMRC)".||2020-08-04|
|NIT Hamirpur||To conduct Ph. D. Viva-voce||2015-01-01|
|University of Lucknow||Delivered an Invited Lecture on, “Organotin(IV) Compounds: Anti-cancer and Anti-inflammatory Agents”in a Seminar organized on ‘Organometallic Chemistry’ (dedicated to Late Prof. T. N. Srivastava).||2020-08-04|
|Developments in Organotin-based Anti-cancer Compounds||University of Mauritius (in: International Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry (ICPAC-2010))||2010-01|
|Organotin(IV) Compounds: Anti-cancer and Anti-inflammatory Agents||Lucknow University (Seminar on ‘Organometallic Chemistry')||2010-01|
|Developments and Mode of Action of Organotin-based Anti-Cancer Compounds||Lucknow University (in:International Conference “ Recent Aspects of organometallics")||2012-01|
|" Developments of Organotin Compounds as Chemotherapeutic Agents: Challenges and Future Prospects" (In: Achievements of Women in Science and Technology: Current Scenario and Future Prospects)-2017||Punjab University, Chandigarh, India||2017-01|
|To design the syllabii of Pre-Ph.D. courses of chemistry department and B.Tech I and II Yr. Chemistry Courses (2018)||NIT, Srinagar, Garhwal||2018-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Gender Sensitization and Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace||IIT Roorkee||2020-08|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Cancer Chemotherapy: Challenges and Future Perspectives of Metal Based Drugs||NIT Uttarakhand, Srinagar||2020-08|
|Challenges and Future Prospects of Metal-based Drugs in Cancer Chemotherapy (2018)||NIT Srinagar, Garhwal||2018-01|
|International Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry.||Maurtius||2020-08|
|Organotin(IV) Compounds: Anti-cancer and Anti-inflammatory Agents||Lucknow University, Lucknow||2020-08|
|DEVELOPMENT AND MODE OF ACTION OF ORGANOTIN-BASED ANTI-CANCER COMPOUNDS||University of Lucknow, Lucknow||2020-08|
Instructional tasks- 1. The students are asked to solve the assignments in the class. 2. The students do/practice the problems based on GATE/CSIR-UGC NET in class.
Particulars of course- 1. Laboratory Manual for B.Tech. I Yr Course, CYN-006, CYN-008 Under QIP program of 2013-2014. 2. Laboratory Manual for M. Sc. I Yr Course, CYN-551, CYN-510 Under QIP program of 2014-2015.
Innovation in teaching- 1. Design the practicals of B.Tech. I Yr, Revised courses CYN-006, CYN-008 in such a way to impart the practical training of various important aspects of chemistry to complete it with in 2 hr of practical class. 2. Teaching the students through power point with suitable graphics software to show actual 3d- structure to the students. 3. Assignments at postgraduate level have been designed to cover the format/types of questions asked in GATE/CSIR-UGC NET examinations.
1. Inorganic Chemistry: A Laboratory Manual, Published by Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India, 2016.
2. Book Chapter, entitled "The Cardiovascular Activity of Organotin Compounds" in:Tin Chemistry, Fundamentals, Frontiers, and Applications, Eds.: A.G. Davies, M. Gielen, K.H. Pannell, E.R.T. Tiekink, Published by Wiley, A John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, Publication,2008.
Refereed Journal Papers
1. Multifunctional CdSNPs@ZIF-8: Potential Antibacterial Agent against GFP-Expressing Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus and Efficient Photocatalyst for Degradation of Methylene Blue, A. Malik, Mala Nath, S. Mohiyuddin and G. Packirisamy, ACS Omega, 3 (2018) 8288-8308.
2. Structure-cytotoxicity Relationship for Apoptotic Inducers Organotin(IV) Derivatives of Mandelic Acid and L-Proline and their Mixed Ligand Complexes having Enhanced Cytotoxicity, Mala Nath, P. Roy, R Mishra and M. Thakur, Appl. Organomet. Chem. (2018), e4663; DOI: 10.1002/aoc.4663.
3. New diorganotin(IV) complexes of salicylaldehyde based hydrazones bearing furan heterocycle moiety:X-ray structural investigation of dimethyltin(IV) and diphenyl-tin(IV) complexes.Sundeep Kumar and Mala Nath, J. Organomet. Chem., 856 (2018) 87-99.
4.Synthesis, Characterization and Binding Studies of Novel Diorganotin(IV) Complexes of Sodium 2-mercaptoethane-sulfonate. Ranjana Kumari and Mala Nath*, Appl. Organomet. Chem. (2018), DOI: 10.1002/aoc.4365.
5. Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Trimethyltin(IV) and Tributylltin(IV) Complexes of Anticoagulant, WARFARIN: Potential DNA Binding and Plasmid Cleaving Agents, R. Kumari and Mala Nath, Inorg. Chem. Commun., 95 (2018) 40-46.
6. Tri- and diorganotin(IV) derivatives of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, Sulindac: Characterization, electronic structures (DFT), DNA binding, and plasmid cleavage studies. Ranjana Kumari and Mala Nath*, Appl. Organomet. Chem. (2017), doi/10.1002/aoc.e- 3661.
7. Novel Binuclear diorganotin(IV) complexes of adipic acid dihydrazone containing flexible aliphatic spacer: X-ray structural characterization of dimethyltin(IV) complex.Sundeep Kumar and Mala Nath, J. Organomet. Chem., 853 (2017) 113-121.
8.Microwave–assisted synthesis of mixed ligands organotin(IV) complexes of 1,10-phenanthroline and L-proline: physicochemical characterization, DFT calculations,chemotherapeutic potential validation by in vitro DNA binding and nuclease activity. Mala Nath*, Mridula and Ranjana Kumari, J. Photochem. Photobiol. B: Biology, 174 (2017) 182-194.
9. New triphenyltin(IV) complexes of flexible tripodal Schiff base ligands: X-ray structural characterization of Ph3SnCl. (H3trensal). Sundeep Kumar and Mala Nath, J. Organomet. Chem., 848 (2017) 10-21.
10.Multi-Core–shell TiO2NPs@ZIF-8 Composite for Enhanced Photocatalytic Degradation and Adsorption of Methylene Blue and Rhodamine-B,R. Chandra, Mala Nath, Chem. Select., 2 (2017) 7711-7722.
11. TiO2@ZIF-8: A Novel Approach of Modifying Micro-environment for Enhanced Photo-catalytic Dye Ddegradation and High Usability of TiO2 Nanoparticles. R. Chandra, S. Mukhopadhyay, M. Nath, Mat. Lett. `164 (2016) 571-574.
12. Conventional and Microwave–assisted Synthesis, Characterization, DFT Calcula-tions, in vitro DNA Binding and Cleavage Studies of Potential Chemotherapeutic Diorganotin(IV) Mandelates. Mridula and Mala Nath*, J. Photochem. Photobiol. B: Biology, 162 (2016) 348-360.
13. Mode of Action of Tin-based Anti-proliferative Agents: Biological Studies of Organotin(IV) Derivatives of Fatty Acids, M. Nath M. Vats, P. Roy, J. Photo-chem. Pho-tobiol. B: Biology, 148 (2015) 88-100.
14. Tri- and diorganotin(IV) complexes of biologically important orotic acid: Synthesis,spectroscopic studies, in vitro anti-cancer, DNA fragmentation, enzyme assays and in vivo anti-inflammatory activities, M. Nath , M. Vats and P. Roy, Eur. J. of Med. Chem., 59 (2013) 310-321.
15. Chemistry and applications of organotin(IV) complexes of Schiff bases. Perspective, M. Nath and P. K. Saini, Dalton Trans 40 (2011), 7077-7121.
16.. Design and Microwave-assisted Synthesis of Tri- and Dialkyltin(IV) Hippurates, Characterization, In Vitro Anti-cancer and In Vivo Anti-inflammatory Activities, M. Nath, M. Vats, P. Roy, Med. Chem. Res.,24 (2015) 51-62.
17.. Design, Spectral Characterization, Anti-tumor and Anti-inflammatory Activity of Triorganotin(IV) Hydroxyl-carboxylates, Apoptosis Inducers: In Vitro Assessment of Induction of Apoptosis by Enzyme, DNA-fragmentation, Acridine Orange and Comet Assays,M. Nath, M. Vats, P. Roy, Inorg. Chim. Acta, 423 (2014) 70-82.
18..New di- and triorganotin(IV) complexes of tripodal Schiff base ligand containing three imidazole arms: Synthesis, structural characterization, biological activity and thermal studies, M. Nath, P. K. Saini and A. Kumar, J. Organomet. Chem., 695 (2010), 1353–1362.
19. Organotin(IV)tryptophanylglycinates: Potential Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Agents; Crystal Structure of Dibutyltin(IV) tryptophanylglycinate, M. Nath, H. Singh, P. Kumar, A. Kumar, X. Song and G. Eng, Appl. Organomet. Chem., 23 (2009), 347-358.
20.. New Triorganotin(IV) Derivatives of Dipeptides as Anti-inflammatory Anti-microbial Agents, M. Nath, S. Pokharia, G. Eng, X. Song, and A. Kumar, Eur. J. Med. Chem., 40(3), (2005), 289-298.
21. Preparation and Characterization of Li[Mn2-xFex]O4 (x = 0.0-0.6) Spinel Nanoparticles as Cathode Materials for Lithium Ion Battery, P. Singh, A. Sil, M. Nath, S. Ray, Adv. Mater. Res., 67 (2009) 233-238.