Areas of Interest
- Synthesis and Studies on Porphyrinoids, Coordination Chemistry, Supramolecular Assemblies, Catalysis, Photophysical & Photovoltaics Studies
|2015-01-01||Ongoing||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2011-01-01||4 years||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2009-01-01||2 years||JSPS Fellow||Univ. of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan|
|2008-01-01||1 year||CNRS Postdoctoral Fellow||Univ. of Rennes1, Rennes, France|
|2007-01-01||1 year||Postdoctoral Fellow||Univ. of Bourgogne, Dijon, France|
|2005-01-01||2 years||Research Associate||Tel-Aviv Univ., Tel-Aviv, Israel|
|2020-07-01||Ongoing||Chief Warden||Jawahar Bhawan|
|2020-07-07||Ongoing||Warden, Jawahar Bhawan Since April 2013||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|2018-01-01||Ongoing||Member||Matching Grant Committee, SRIC, IIT Roorkee|
|2014-01-01||Ongoing||Coordinator, NMR Lab||IIT Roorkee|
|2020-01-01||Ongoing||Member||Departmental Research Committee|
|2014-01-01||5 years||Member||Departmental Academic Programme Committe (DAPC)|
|2014-01-01||5 years||In-charge||Electrochemical Workstation|
|2017-01-01||2 years||Member||SRIC Committee|
|2013-01-01||1 year||Warden||Jawahar Bhawan|
Honors and Awards
|Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC)||RSC, Cambridge, UK||2020|
|Visiting Professor||Univ. of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA and Univ. of Houston, Houston, TX, USA||2019|
|BASE Fellowship||DST and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)||2018|
|Outstanding Young Faculty Award with Institute Research Fellowship (IRF)||IIT Roorkee||2018|
|MRSC||Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK||2017|
|JSPS Fellowship||Ministry of Education, Japan||2009|
|CNRS Fellowship||Ministry of Research, France||2008|
|EDIGE Fellowship||Bourgogne Regional Council, France||2007|
|CSIR-NET and GATE||Government of India||2001|
|Merit Scholarship||Government of Tamil Nadu, India||1993|
|PhD||Bioinorganic Chemistry||Indian Institute of Technology Madras||2005|
|M. Sc||Chemistry||Madurai Kamaraj University||2001|
|B. Sc||Chemistry||University of Madras||1999|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Synthesis of Novel beta-Functionalized Porphyrins for DSSC, NLO and Sensing Applications||Science and Engineering Research Board||2017-01||Ongoing|
|Synthesis of Novel Porphyrins for DSSC Applications||Science and Engineering Research Board||2013-01||7 years 6 months|
|Porphyrin-based Novel Donor-pi-Linker-Acceptor Systems for DSSC Applications||Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences||2013-01||7 years 6 months|
|Porphyrin-Fullerene Supramolecular Assemblies for Photovoltaic Applications||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research||2012-01||8 years 6 months|
Participation in seminars
|1st International Conference on Frontiers in Chemical Sciences||Karunya University||SERB||2020-07|
|3rd Asian Conference on Chemosensing and Imaging Probes (Asian CHIP)||Guru Nanak Dev University||SERB, CSIR, BRNS and Flurolog||2020-07|
|Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences - 2019 (ETCS-2019)||Central University of Jammu (CUJ), Jammu||SERB, CSIR, INSA and J&KSTIC||2020-07|
|International Conference on Chemical Sciences and Nanometerials - 2019 (ICCSN-2019)||VIT University, Vellore||VIT University||2020-07|
|10th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-10)||Munich, Germany||SPP, World Scientific, Rosewell Cancer Park, PorphyChem and Sessler Trust||2020-07|
|233rd Electrochemical Society (ECS) Meeting||Seattle, WA, USA||ECS, Pine, BAS and Others||2020-07|
|5th Symposium on Bioinorganic Chemistry (SABIC-5)||Kolkata, India||SERB, ACS and RSC||2017-01|
|9th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-9), China||Nanjing||SPP, WSPC||2020-07|
|Frontiers in Inorganic Chemistry and Organometallics||IIT Indore||IIT Indore||2020-07|
|6th EUCheMS Conference on Nitrogen Ligands||Beaune, France||CNRS, SPP, PorphyChem, ICMUB etc.||2020-07|
|227th Electrochemical Society Meeting||Chicago, USA||Pine, BAS and other Electrochemical Instruments Company||2020-07|
|16th Symposium on Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XVI)||Jadavpur University, Kolkata||Bruker and Quantachrome||2020-07|
|8th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-8)||Istanbul, Turkey||Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines||2020-07|
|7th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-7)||Jeju, South Korea||Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines||2020-07|
|221st Electrochemical Society (ECS) Meeting||Settle, Washington, USA||The Society for Solid-state and Electrochemical Science and Technology||2020-07|
|Young Scientist Research Awardees' (YSRA) Meet||BARC, Mumbai||BRNS||2020-07|
|Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XIV)||School of Chemistry, Univ. of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||Univ. of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||2020-07|
|7th Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI)-Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Joint Symposium||BHU, Varanasi||CRSI and RSC||2020-07|
|3rd Asian Coordination Chemistry Conference (ACCC-3)||India Habitat Centre, New Delhi||IIT Kanpur & IIT Delhi||2020-07|
- American Chemical Society (ACS), Member
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), Member
- Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI), Life Member
- Electrochemical Society (ECS), Member
- Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (SPP), Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Adavanced Analytical Chemistry-I||CYN-621A||MSc and PhD||Autumn|
|Supramolecular Chemistry||CYN-681||MSc and PhD||Autumn|
|Supramolecular Chemistry of Nanomaterials||NTN-603||MTech and PhD||Autumn|
|Organometallic Chemistry||CYN-502||M Sc||Spring|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Metalloporphyrins for Catalysis||Richa Yadav|
|Synthesis of Novel Porphyrins via Pd Catalyzed Coupling Reactions for Material Applications||Amit Kumar|
|Synthesis and Studies on Electron-deficient Corroles||Rupa Mukherjee|
|Synthesis of Novel A3B Porphyrins for Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) Applications||Amit Kumar|
|Synthesis and Characterization of Y1-xGdxMnO3 (X = 0, 0.05) Thin Films||Amit Singh Rajput|
|Synthesis and Studies on Various Cyanoporphyrin Derivatives||Bhupinder|
|Synthesis and Studies on Boronic Esters Appended Porphyrins||Anagh Mukherjee|
|Synthesis and Studies on Beta-Substituted Porphyrins||Mohina Gidwani|
|Porphyrins Nanostructures for Material and Biomedical Applications||Bijjam Madhusudhan|
|Detection of Toxic Ions by Electron Deficient Metalloporphyrinoids||Amit Saxena|
|Syntheses and Studies of Asymmetrically Substituted Porphyrins Through Michael Addition Reactions||Kumari Anshul|
|Synthesis, Spectral and Electrochemical Studies of Functionalized Corroles||Simran Preet|
|Synthesis and Applications of beta-Functionalized Porphyrinoids and Porphyrin Appended CNTs||Upasana Sah|
|Synthesis of beta-Functionalized “Push-Pull” Zn(II) Porphyrins for DSSC Applications||Shweta Manchanda|
|Synthesis of Beta-Functionalized Metalloporphyrins and Their Applications||Gaurav|
|Synthesis of Beta-Functionalized Metalloporphyrins and Their Applications||Gaurav|
|Synthesis of Pi-Extended Porphyrins and Their Properties||Mandeep|
|Porphyrinoid Incorporated Biocompatible Nanogels for Medicinal Applications||R Abinaya|
|Synthesis and Characterization of Functionalized Porphyrins and Biodegradable Polymers||Ritin Komboj|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Synthesis and Applications of Beta- and Meso-Substituted Porphyrins||Ravi Kumar||O||2012-01|
|Synthesis and Applications of Functionalized Corroles and Porphyrins||Pinky Yadav||O||2012-01|
|Push-Pull Porphyrinoids: Synthesis, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties||Nitika Grover||O||2012-01|
|Design of Porphyrinoids and 1,8-Naphthyridine Hosts for Fluoride, Cyanide and Picric Acid Sensing||Mandeep K. Chahal||O||2013-01|
|Functionalized Porphyrins and Their Application in DSSC, Electrocatalysis and Anion Sensing||Kamal Prakash||O||2012-01|
|Functionalized Chlorins and Porphyrins: Synthesis, Spectral and Redox Properties||Nivedita Chaudhri||O||2013-01|
|Diverse Functionalized Porphyrins for Catalytic, EET and Sensor Applications||Tawseef A. Dar||O||2013-01|
|Porphyrin-Fullerene Host-Guest Complexes||Pinki Rathi||O||2014-01|
|Beta-Functionalized Porphyrinoids for Materials and Medicinal Applications||Sandeep Kumar||O||2017-01|
|Beta-Functionalized Corroles and Porphyrins for Material Applications||Inderpal||O||2018-01|
|Beta-Functionalized Chlorins for Sensor and PDT Applications||Renu Kumari Rohal||O||2018-01|
|Fused Porphyrinoids for Optoelectronic Applications||Amir Sohel||O||2018-01|
|Synthesis and Applications of Octaphenylporphyrins (OPPs)||Soni Kumari||O||2018-01|
|Porphyrin-CNT Conjugates for Material Applications||Mohd Tasleem||O||2018-01|
|Functionalized Porphyrinoids for Solar Cell Applications||Nivedita Rana||O||2019-01|
|Pi-Extended Porphyrinoids for Material Applications||Varusha Bharadwaj||O||2018-01|
|Functionalized Porphyrinoids for Material and Medicinal Applications||Pradeep Singh Thakur||O||2018-01|
|Beta-Functionalinalized Porphyrins for Sensing Applications||Rohit||O||2018-01|
|Beta-Functionalinalized Porphyrins for NLO Applications||Sumit Kumar Yadav||O||2019-01|
|Functionalinalized Porphyrinoids for PDT and PTT Applications||Rajesh Kumar||O||2019-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan||Research Collaboration||2020-07-07|
|University of North Texas, TX, USA||Research Collaboration||2020-07-07|
|University of Houston, TX, USA||Research Collaboration||2020-07-07|
|University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA||Research Collaboration||2020-07-07|
|University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA||Research Collaboration||2020-07-07|
|Beta-Functionalized Porphyrins, Chlorins and Corroles: Syntheses and Their Applications in Sensing, Catalysis and DSSCs||Central University of Jammu, Jammu||2019-01|
|Synthesis and Applications of Meso- and Beta-Functionalized Porphyrinoids||VIT University, Vellore||2019-01|
|Synthesis, Spectral and Electrochemical Properties of Highly Reducible pi-Extended Copper Corroles||Society of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines||2018-01|
|Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Intriguing Electrochemical Redox Properties of Difused-Chlorins and Porphyrins||Electrochemical Society, USA||2018-01|
|DSSC and Electrocatalytic Applications of Functionalized Porphyrins||Society of Biological Inorganic Chemistry||2017-01|
|Naked-eye Detection of Toxic Anions using Porphyrinoid Chemosensors and their Reusability Studies||ICPP-9, Nanjing, China||2016-01|
|Synthesis and Applications of Asymmetric Beta- and Meso-Substituted Porphyrins||IIT Indore, India||2016-01|
|Ratiometric and Colorimetric ‘Naked-eye’ Selective Detection of Cyanide ions by Porphyrinic Chemosensors and their Reversibility Studies||Institut de Chimie Moléculaire de l'Université de Bourgogne, France||2015-01|
|Asymmetric Beta-Substitution: An Inventive Path to Modulate Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties||Jadavpur Univ., Kolkata||2015-01|
|Asymmetrically Beta-Substituted Porphyrins: Synthesis, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties||Electrochemical Society (ECS), Chicago, USA||2015-01|
|Synthesis and Studies on Beta-Substituted Novel Push-Pull Porphyrins||ICPP-8, Istanbul, Turkey||2014-01|
|Supramolecular Assemblies Composed of Saddle-Distorted Porphyrins having Peripheral Carboxyl Groups||ICPP-7, Jeju Island, South Korea||2012-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Worked as Coordinator for the Workshop on Thinfilm Solar Cells||SRIC and JEOL India||2020-07|
|Worked as Treasurer for Intl. Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy, Environment & Health||SERB, BRNS, DRDO and INSA||2020-07|
|Worked as Secretary for the 15th Symposium On Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XV)||SERB, CSIR, BRNS and INSA||2020-07|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Synthesis and Applications of Functionalized Porphyrins||NIT Kurukshetra||2020-07|
|The Role of Porphyrinoids in Nanomedicine||QIP Centre, IIT Roorkee||2020-07|
National International Collaboration
|Prof. Francis D'Souza||Department of Chemistry, University of North Texas, Denton, USA|
|Prof. G. V. Prakash||Department of Physics, IIT Delhi|
|Prof. Karl M. Kadish||Department of Chemistry, University of Houston, Texas, USA|
|Dr. K. Krishnamoorthy||CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India|
|Prof. S. V. Rao,||ARCHEM, University of Hyderabad|
|Prof. V. Ganesan||Banaras Hindu University (BHU)|
Refereed Journal Papers
Selected Publications (Aug 2014 to Jun 2020)
1. M. Sankar*, P. Rathi, A. Ganesan, S. Seetharaman, P. A. Karr and F. D'Souza “A Persubstituted Triphenylamine Bearing Dendritic Zinc Porphyrin to Host Endohedral Fullerene, Sc3N@C80: Formation and Excited State Electron Transfer”, J. Phys. Chem. B 2020, 124, https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcb.0c04392.
2. N. Grover and M. Sankar*, “N-Confused Porphyrin - A Unique "Turn-on” Chemosensor for F- and CN- ions and "Turn off" for ClO4- ions, Chem. Asian J. 2020, 15, https://doi.org/10.1002/asia.202000557.
3. P. Rathi, Ekta, S. Kumar, D. Banerjee, S. V. Rao and M. Sankar*, “Unsymmetrical β-Functionalized ‘Push-Pull’ Porphyrins: Synthesis, Photophysical, Electrochemical and Nonlinear Optical Properties”, Dalton Trans. 2020, 49, 3198-3208.
4. N. Chaudhri, L. Cong, A. S. Bulbul, N. Grover, W. R. Osterloh, Y. Fang, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish, “Structural, Photophysical, and Electrochemical Properties of Doubly Fused Porphyrins and Related Fused Chlorins”, Inorg. Chem. 2020, 59, 1481-1495.
5. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri and M. Sankar*, “β-Functionalized Dibenzoporphyrins with Mixed Substitutents Pattern: Facile Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Electrochemical Redox Properties”, Inorg. Chem. 2019, 58, 2514-2522.
6. P. Rathi, R. Butcher and M. Sankar*, “Unsymmetrical Nonplanar ‘Push-Pull’ β-Octa-substituted Porphyrins: Facile Synthesis, Structural, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties”, Dalton Trans. 2019, 48, 15002-15011 (Highlighted in the back cover of the journal).
7. L. Cong§, M. K. Chahal§, R. Osterloh, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish, “Synthesis, Electrochemistry, and Reversible Interconversion among Perhalogenated Hydroxyphenyl Ni(II) Porphyrins, Porphodimethenes, and Porpho-5,15-bis-paraquinone Methide”, Inorg. Chem. 2019, 58, 14361-14376 (§these authors contributed equally to this work).
8. T. A. Dar, B. Uprety, M. Sankar* and M. R. Maurya, “Robust and Electron Deficient Oxidovanadium(IV) Porphyrin Catalyst for Selective Epoxidation and Oxidative Bromination Reactions in Aqueous Media”, Green Chem. 2019, 21, 1757-1768.
9. K. Prakash, A. Z. Alsaleh, Neeraj, P. Rathi, A. Sharma, M. Sankar* and F. D’Souza, “Synthesis, Spectral, Electrochemical and Photovoltaic Studies of A3B Porphyrinic Dyes having Peripheral Donors”, ChemPhysChem 2019, 20, 2627-2634 (Invited article for the Special Issue on Solar Cells).
10. K. Prakash, M. Sankar*, S. Seetharaman, and F. D’Souza, “Synthesis, Electrochemical and Photochemical Studies on π-Extended Mono-β-Functionalized Porphyrin Dyads”, ChemPhotoChem. 2019, 3, 151-165.
11. K. Prakash, V. Sudhakar, K. Krishnamoorthy and M. Sankar*, “Trans-A2B2 ZnII-Porphyrin Dyes with Various Donor Groups and their Co-sensitization for Highly Efficient Dye Sensitized Solar Cells”, Dyes Pigm. 2019, 160, 386-394.
12. N. Chaudhri, L. Cong, N. Grover, W. Shan, K. Ansul, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish, “Synthesis and Electrochemical Characterization of Acetylacetone (acac) and Ethyl Acetate (EA) Appended β-Trisubstituted Push-Pull Porphyrins: Formation of Electronically Communicating Porphyrin Dimers”, Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 13213-13224.
13. R. Kumar, V. Sudhakar, K. Prakash, K. Krishnamoorthy and M. Sankar*, “Tuning the Photovoltaic Performance of DSSCs by Appending Various Donor Groups on Trans-Dimesityl Porphyrin Backbone”, ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2018, 1, 2793-2801 (One of the Most Read articles during May-July 2018).
14. N. Chaudhri, N. Grover and M. Sankar*, “Nickel Induced Skeletal Rearrangement of Free Base trans-Chlorins into Monofused Ni(II)-Porphyrins: Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Electrochemical Redox Properties”, Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 11349-11360.
15. N. Chaudhri, N. Grover and M. Sankar*, “Selective Conversion of Planar trans-Chlorins into Highly Twisted Doubly Fused-Porphyrins or -Chlorins via Oxidative Fusion”, Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 6658-6668.
16. X. Ke, R. Kumar, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish, “Electrochemistry and Spectroelectro chemistry of Cobalt Porphyrins with π-Extending and/or Highly Electron-Withdrawing Pyrrole Substituents. In Situ Electrogeneration of σ-Bonded Complexes”, Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 1490-1503.
17. N. Chaudhri, R. J. Butcher and M. Sankar*, “Synthesis, Structural, Photophysical, Electrochemical Redox and Axial Ligation Properties of Highly Electron Deficient Perchlorometalloporphyrins and Selective CN– Sensing by Co(II) Complexes”, New J. Chem. 2018, 42, 8190-8199 (Invited article for the themed issue on Equilibrium Solution Coordination Chemistry).
18. M. K. Chahal, T. A. Dar and M. Sankar*, “Facile Synthesis of Functionalized Urea, Imidazolium Salt, Azide and Triazole from 2-Amino-5,7-Dimethyl-1,8-Naphthyridine Scaffold and their Utilization in Fluoride ion Sensing”, New J. Chem. 2018, 42, 10059-10066.
19. P. K. Sonkar, M. Yadav, K. Prakash, V. Ganesan, M. Sankar, D. K. Yadav and R. Gupta, “Electrochemical sensing of rifampicin in pharmaceutical samples using meso-tetrakis(4-hydroxyphenyl)porphyrinatocobalt(II) anchored carbon nanotubes”, J. Appl. Electrochem. 2018, 48, 937-946.
20. N. Chaudhri, N. Grover and M. Sankar*, “Versatile Synthetic Route for β-Functionalized Chlorins and Porphyrins by Varying the Size of Michael Donors: Syntheses, Photophysical & Electrochemical Redox Properties”, Inorg. Chem. 2017, 56, 11532-11542 (Highlighted at ACS Inorg. Chem. journal site as HOT paper).
21. M. K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, “β-Dicyanovinyl Substituted Porphyrinogen: Synthesis, Reversible Sensor for Picric Acid among Explosives and Unique Sensor for Cyanide and Fluoride ions by Switching between Various Porphyrinoid States”, Dalton Trans. 2017, 46, 11669-11678 (Highlighted by RSTV and leading Newspapers in India).
22. P. Rathi, M. K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, “Highly Electron Deficient Tetrabenzoquinone Appended Ni(II) and Cu(II) Porphyrins: Spectral, Solvatochromism, Electrochemical Redox and Tuneable F‒ and CN‒ Sensing Properties”, New J. Chem. 2017, 41, 11962-11968.
23. X. Ke, P. Yadav, L. Cong, R. Kumar, M. Sankar* and K. M. Kadish, “Facile and Reversible Electrogeneration of Porphyrin Trianions and Tetraanions in Nonaqueous Media from Electron Deficient β-Substituted Porphyrins”, Inorg. Chem. 2017, 56, 8527-8537.
24. P. Yadav, M. Sankar*, X. Ke, L. Cong and K. M. Kadish, “Synthesis of π-Extended PhenylethynylCorroles and Their Intriguing Electrochemical Redox Properties”, Dalton Trans. 2017, 46, 10014-10022.
25. P. Yadav, R. Kumar, A. Kumar and M. Sankar*, “Mixed Tri β-Substituted Push-Pull Porphyrins: Synthesis, Photophysical, Electrochemical and Theoretical studies”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2017, 3269-3274.
26. M. K. Chahal, M. Sankar* and R. J. Butcher, “An Insight into Communication between β-olefin/phenyl olefin-mediated Acceptors and Porphyrin π-system: Way to establish Porphyrin based Chemodosimeters and Chemosensors”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2017, 19, 4530-4540.
27. K. Prakash, S. Manchanda, V. Sudhakar, N. Sharma, M. Sankar* and K. Krishnamoorthy, “Facile Synthesis of β-Functionalized ‘Push-Pull’ Zn(II) Porphyrin for DSSC Applications”, Dyes Pigm. 2017, 147, 56-66.
28. P. Sonkar, K. Prakash, M. Yadav, V. Ganesan, M. Sankar, R. Gupta and D. K. Yadav, “Co(II)-Porphyrins Decorated Carbon Nanotubes as Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reactions: An Approach for Fuel Cell Improvement”, J. Mater. Chem. A 2017, 5, 6263-6276.
29. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri and M. Sankar*, “Facile Conversion of Ni(II) Cyclopropyl- chlorins into Novel β-Substituted Porphyrins through Acid-Catalyzed Ring-Opening Reaction”, Inorg. Chem. 2017, 56, 424-437.
30. K. Prakash and M. Sankar*, “Borylated Porphyrin and its Metal Complexes: Synthesis, Elelcrochemistry and Deprotection-Protection Strategy for Anion Sensing”, Sensor and Actuators: B Chemical 2017, 240, 709-717.
31. M. K. Chahal and M. Sankar*, “Switching between Porphyrin, Porphodimethene and Porphyrinogen using Cyanide and Fluoride ions mimicking Volatile Molecular Memory and 'NOR' Logic Gate”, Dalton Trans. 2016, 45, 16404-16412.
32. N. Grover, M. Sankar*, Y. Song and K. M. Kadish, “Asymmetrically Crowded ‘Push-Pull’ Octaphenylporphyrins with Modulated Frontier Orbitals: Syntheses, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties”, Inorg. Chem. 2016, 55, 584-597 (Highlighted as HOT PAPER and one of the most read article during Jan 2016).
33. R. Kumar, M. Sankar*, V. Sudhakar and K. Krishnamoorthy, “Synthesis and Characterisation of Simple Cost-effective Trans-A2BC-porphyrins with Various Donor Groups for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells”, New. J. Chem. 2016, 40, 5704-5713 (an Invited article for the themed issue on Nitrogen Ligands).
34. R. Kumar, N. Chaudhary, M. Sankar* and M. R. Maurya, “Electron Deficient Nonplanar β-Octachlorovanadylporphyrin as Highly Efficient and Selective Epoxidation Catalyst for Olefins”, Dalton Trans. 2015, 44, 17720-17729.
35. R. Kumar, N. Chaudhri and M. Sankar*, “Naked eye Selective Detection of CN‒ ions by Electron Deficient Ni(II) Porphyrins and their Reversibility Studies”, Dalton Trans. 2015, 44, 9149-9157 (One of the "Most accessed articles" during April 2015).
36. R. Kumar and M. Sankar*, “Synthesis, Spectral, and Electrochemical Studies of Electronically Tunable β-Substituted Porphyrins with Mixed Substituent Pattern”, Inorg. Chem. 2014, 53, 12706-12719.
37. P. Yadav and M. Sankar*, “Synthesis, Spectroscopic and Electrochemical studies of Phosphoryl and Carbomethoxy Substituted Corroles and their Anion Detection Properties”, Dalton Trans. 2014, 43, 14680-14688 (One of the "Most accessed articles" during August 2014).
Oral presentation at the International and National Conferences (2014 - till date):
1. M. Sankar, 'β-Functionalized Porphyrins, Chlorins and Corroles: Syntheses and Their Applications in Sensing, Catalysis and DSSCs' an invited talk presented at the Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences - 2019 (ETCS-2019) held at University of Jammu, Jammu, India organized by Central University of Jammu during March 14-15, 2019.
2. M. Sankar, 'Synthesis and Applications of Meso- and β-Functionalized Porphyrinoids' an invited talk presented at the International Conference on Chemical Sciences and Nanometerials - 2019 (ICCSN-2019) held at VIT University, Vellore, India during March 7-9, 2019.
3. P. Yadav, M. Sankar*, X. Ke, L. Cong and K. M. Kadish* 'Synthesis, Spectral and Electrochemical Properties of Highly Reducible π-Extended Copper Corroles' oral presentation at the 10th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-10) held at Munich, Germany during July 1-6, 2018.
4. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri and M. Sankar* 'Synthesis, Structural, Spectral and Intriguing Electrochemical Redox Properties of Difused-Chlorins and Porphyrins' oral presentation at the 233rd Electrochemical Society (ECS) meeting held at Seattle, USA during May 13-17, 2018.
5. K. Prakash, R. Kumar and M. Sankar* 'DSSC and Electrocatalytic Applications of β- and Meso-Functionalized Porphyrins' invited oral presentation at the 5th Symposium on Biological Inorganic Chemistry (SABIC-5) held at Kolkata, India during January 7-11, 2017.
6. M. Sankar* 'Naked-eye Detection of Toxic Anions and Picric Acid using Porphyrinoid Chemosensors and their Reusability Studies' invited lecture at the 6th National Symposium on Advances in Chemical Sciences held at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar during March 6-7, 2017.
7. M. K. Chahal, N. Chaudhri, K. Prakash, R. Kumar, N. Grover, P. Yadav and M. Sankar* 'Naked-eye Detection of Toxic Anions using Porphyrinoid Chemosensors and their Reusability Studies' invited oral presentation at the 9th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-9) held at Nanjing, China during July 3-8, 2016.
8. R. Kumar, N. Chaudhri, M. Chahal and M. Sankar*, 'Ratiometric and Colorimetric ‘Naked-eye’ Selective Detection of CN‒ ions by Porphyrinic Chemosensors and their Reversibility Studies' oral presentation at 6th EuCheMS Conference on Nitrogen Ligands, September 13-17, 2015 at Beaune, France.
9. M. Sankar*, 'Asymmetric β-Substitution: An Inventive Path to Modulate Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties'. Invited Talk delivered at 16th Symposium on Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry (MTIC-XVI) held at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India during December 3-5, 2015.
10. N. Grover, N. Chaudhri, R. Kumar, M. K. Chahal and M. Sankar* 'Synthesis and Applications of Asymmetric β- and Meso-Substituted Porphyrins' an invited talk delivered at Frontiers in Inorganic and Organometallics held at IIT Indore, Simrol, India during April 14-15, 2016.
11. R. Kumar, N. Chaudhri, M. Chahal and M. Sankar*, 'Ratiometric and Colorimetric ‘Naked-eye’ Selective Detection of CN‒ ions by Porphyrinic Chemosensors and their Reversibility Studies' oral presentation at 6th EuCheMS Conference on Nitrogen Ligands, September 13-17, 2015 at Beaune, France.
12. R. Kumar, N. Grover, N. Chaudhri, K. Praksh and M. Sankar* 'Asymmetrically β-Substituted Porphyrins: Synthesis, Photophysical and Electrochemical Redox Properties' oral presentation at the 227th Electrochemical Society (ECS) meeting held at Chicago, USA during May 25-28, 2015.
13. R. Kumar, N. Grover and M. Sankar* 'Synthesis and Studies on β-Substituted Novel Push-Pull Porphyrins' oral presentation at the 8th International Conference on Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines (ICPP-8) held at Istanbul, Turkey during June 22-27, 2014.