Refereed Journal Papers
As a Principal Investigator:
1. Krishnendu T Prakash, Namrata Singh and V.Venkatesh*, “Synthesis of novel luminescent copper nanoclusters with substituent driven self-assembly and aggregation induced emission (AIE)” Chem. Comm., 2019, 55, 322−355.
Publications from Ph. D and Postdoc:
- H. Shi, Q. Wang, V.Venkatesh, G.Feng, L. S. Young, I. Romero-Canelon, M. Zeng and P. J. Sadler “Photoactive platinum(IV) complex conjugated to a cancer-cell-targeting cyclic peptide” DaltonTrans., 2019, 48, 8560–8561.
- H. Shi, I. R. Canelón, M. Hreusova, O. Novakova, V. Venkatesh, A. Habtemariam, G. J. Clarkson, J. Song, V. Brabec, and P. J. Sadler, “Photoactivatable Cell-Selective Dinuclear trans-Diazidoplatinum(IV) Anticancer Prodrugs” Inorg. Chem., 2018, 57, 14409−14420.
- V. Venkatesh, R. B. Martin, C. J. Wedge, I. R. Canelón, C. S. Cano, J. Song, J. P. C. Coverdale, P. Zhang, G. J. Clarkson, A. Habtemariam, S. W. Magennis, R. J. Deeth and P. J. Sadler. “Mitochondria-targeted spin-labelled luminescent iridium anticancer complexes” Chem. Sci., 2017, 8, 8271-8278.
- V. Venkatesh, N. K. Mishra, I. R. Canelón, R. R. Vernooij, H. Shi, J. P. C. Coverdale, A. Habtemariam, S. Verma, and P. J. Sadler. “Supramolecular Photoactivatable Anticancer Hydrogels” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2017,139, 5656–5659.
- R. K. Saravanan, P. Saha, V. Venkatesh, T. G. Gopakumar, and S. Verma. “Coordination-Controlled One-Dimensional Molecular Chains in Hexapodal Adenine–Silver Ultrathin Films” Inorg. Chem., 2017, 56, 3976–3982.
- V.Venkatesh, M. D. Bala Kumaran, R. Kamal Saravanan, P. T. Kalaichelvan, S.Verma. “Luminescent Silver–Purine Double Helicate: Synthesis, Self-Assembly and Antibacterial Action” ChemPlusChem, 2016, 81, 1266–1271.
- V. Venkatesh, C. J. Wedge, I. R. Canelón, A. Habtemariam, P. J. Sadler. “Spin-labelled photo-cytotoxic diazido platinum(IV) anticancer complex” Dalton Trans., 2016, 45, 13034–13037.
- C. M. Moyon, V. Venkatesh, K. Vijaya Krishna, F. Bonachera, S. Verma, A. Bianco. “Self-Assembly of Tyrosine in to controlled Supramolecular Nanostructures” Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 11681-11686.
- S. Kandambeth, V. Venkatesh, D. B. Shinde, S. Kumari, A. Halder, S. Verma, R. Banerjee. “Self-templated chemically stable hollow spherical covalent organic framework” Nature Commun., 2015, 6, Article No. 6786.
- G. Das, B. P. Biswal, S. Kandambeth, V. Venkatesh, G. Kaur, M. Addicoat, T. Heine, S. Verma, R. Banerjee. “Chemical Sensing in Two Dimensional Porous Covalent Organic Nanosheets” Chem. Sci., 2015, 6, 3931–3939.
- A. Mukherjee, M.A. Barnett, V. Venkatesh, S. Verma, P. J. Sadler. “Human serum transferrin fibrils: nanomineralisation in bacteria and destruction of red blood cells” ChemBioChem, 2015, 16, 149–55.
- B. Mohapatra, V.Venkatesh, S. Verma. “Crystal Engineering with 2-Aminopurine Containing a Carboxylic Acid Pendant” Cryst. Growth Des., 2014, 14, 5042–5052.
- R. Das, M. K. Sharma, V. K. Rao, B. K. Bhattacharya, I. Garg, V.Venkatesh, and S. Upadhyay. “An electrochemical genosensor for Salmonella typhi on gold nanoparticles-mercaptosilane modified screen printed electrode” J. Biotechnol. 2014, 188, 9–16. (DOI: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2014.08.002).
- V. Venkatesh, P. Pachfule, R. Banerjee and S. Verma. “Evolution of an adenine-copper cluster to a cuboidal framework: snapshots of its solution phase ripening and gas adsorption properties” Chem. Eur. J. 2014, 20, 12262–12268.
- V. Venkatesh, A. Shukla, S. Sivakumar, and S. Verma. “Purine-Stabilized Green Fluorescent Gold Nanoclusters for Cell Nuclei Imaging Applications.” ACS Appl.Mater.Interfaces. 2014, 6, 2185–2191.
- N. Nagapradeep, V.Venkatesh, S. K. Tripathi, and S. Verma. “Guanine copper coordination polymers: crystal analysis and application as thin film precursors.” DaltonTrans. 2014, 43, 1744–1752.
- P.Singh, V. Venkatesh, N. Nagapradeep, S.Verma and A. Bianco. “G-quartet type self-assembly of guanine functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes.” Nanoscale 2012, 4, 1972–1974.
- V. Venkatesh, J. Kumar and S. Verma. “Adenine containing architectures from silver supported dimeric units.” CrystEngComm 2011, 13, 6030–6032.
- P. Singh, F.M. Toma, J. Kumar, V. Venkatesh, J. Raya, M. Prato, S. Verma, and A. Bianco. “Carbon Nanotube–Nucleobase Hybrids: Nanorings from Uracil-Modified Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes.” Chem. Eur. J. 2011, 17, 6772 – 6780.
- K. B. Joshi, V. Venkatesh and S. Verma. “Biotin interaction with human erythrocytes: contact on membrane surface and formation of self-assembled ﬁbrous structures.” Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 3890–3892.